Description of reports
Our reports provide technical reviews and independent opinions on the most current and past wind turbine models available from all major OEMs. Our opinions are founded on operational inspections, end-of-warranty inspections, independent reviews of SCADA data, manufacturing site visits, and our involvement with the greatest number of projects in North America and worldwide.
Each turbine review includes:
Brief overview of the turbine supplier
- Background and overview of the turbine supplier;
- Overview of quality processes;
- Overview of manufacturing facilities, equipment, and staffing;
- Brief review of subsuppliers;
- Plans for operation, maintenance, and warranty services;
- Review of the supply chain.
Turbine technology overview
- General description of the turbine;
- Detailed description of the component parts;
- Operational experience (turbine and manufacturer);
- Design certification status;
- Grid code compliance expectations.
DNV GL’s technical assessment and opinion of the turbine model, including:
- Review of certification status;
- Summary status of known issues and recommended mitigants, if applicable;
- Operational track record;
- Review on operation and maintenance of the turbine;
- Technical risk summary including an availability projection and DNV GL’s proven or qualified status.
Our reports are developed from information obtained in the course of other work where not restricted by confidentiality agreements, and information available in the public domain.